- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Working Arrangement: On-site presence required (not a remote job)
- Level: Manager
Our client, a global pharmaceutical organization, is searching for a Procurement Manager to join their corporate indirect sourcing team within their shared services group for the commercial business and report directly into the Head of Procurement.
The Procurement Manager of Indirect will work closely with functional leaders to plan and implement category management and sourcing strategies aligned with business objectives. A successful candidate will build a strong partnership with relative business leaders to manage demand, current and future road maps and vendor partnerships.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading strategic sourcing efforts and supplier negotiations, as well as managing contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals or replacement of existing agreements is managed and scalable
- Developing category management strategy and building out strategy from "ground-up"
- Category management: Indirect services and commodities (i.e. Capex, MRO, Engineering Services, HR, IT, Facility Services)
- Working with legal, IT, and finance on approval of agreements per signature authorization policy
- Preparing RFQs, bid documents, analyzing and evaluating proposals, and administering the evaluation process
- Using insights from stakeholder discussions, data research, and developing a strong understanding of business initiatives to create structured information analyses
The Procurement Manager has the following qualifications:
- 6+ years' experience in strategic sourcing
- Bachelor's Degree required
- ERP system experience
- Experience with indirect commodities