General Purpose of the Job
* Work with a team of highly qualified sourcing, quality, and raw materials professionals in the Hong Kong Sourcing Office. Partner with Head Office teams and vendor partners to strive for fulfilment of our business objectives. Working with a well-developed base of highly professional long term vendor partners, always looking for creative solutions and processes to improve speed, optimise cost, support margin, and best utilise supply chain capabilities and efficiency.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Supporting the Sourcing manager to drive partnership with the vendor to deliver best-in-class performance
* Researching and assessing new vendors to support the business and capacity growth and driving continuous improvement
* Owning vendor development and relationship building with stakeholders.
* Owning the on-boarding and training of new vendors and continuously building capabilities throughout the entire vendor base
* Providing support to the Sustainability team on compliance and ESG management
* Working closely with vendor partners to support product development and margin improvements
* Strong interpersonal skills and can work effectively with internal and external stakeholders of diverse cultural backgrounds.
* Expertise in negotiation, problem solving and multi-tasking
* Assertive and have a high level of self-initiative
* Fluent in English and have strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook, and knowledge of ERP & PLM systems is an advantage (e.g., SAP, Centric etc.)
* 5+ years' experience in apparel sourcing or merchandising, MNC sourcing office experience is a plus
* Degree in Merchandising/Business Management or related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience