A leader in the medical industry is looking for an Automation Engineer to join their San Diego plant where they manufacture innovative post-surgery pain management equipment.
- Engineer and manage medium to large process control system/equipment improvement, optimization, expansion, and upgrade projects to meet site objectives.
- Engineer and manage new process control/automation projects from the concept to commissioning and validation
- Assist in the preparation and execution of the Validation Qualification protocols related to automated and control systems.
- Provides technical and non-technical feedback to validation personnel for the successful qualification of systems.
- Help to troubleshoot and diagnose Control system complex problems, working closely with Control System/Instrumentation Technicians and maintenance personnel
- Update and develop User Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, and Operation and Maintenance Manuals for the new and existing control systems
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Controls or Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSEE or BSME) from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, HMIs, SCADA systems, SQL relational database systems, and Networking including design and debugging skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical environment including regulatory requirements associated with 21 CFR Part 11 and supporting the validation of control system equipment.
- Wonderware and Siemens Apogee BMS experience preferred. Hands-on experience with Windows Servers hardware and Microsoft Windows - applications.
- Extensive cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
- Recognized as a technical expert by peers and other personnel within the business unit.
- Successful track record of managing wide-ranging activities within the business unit. Demonstrates independent project management skills to successfully deliver automation projects to completion