Company: American developer and manufacturer of audio products. The company went public few years ago, trading on the NASDAQ.
Role: Sr Electrical Engineer
- Help drive all design changes for feature enhancement, cost reduction and performance improvement to company products once they are released into mass production.
- Keeping up with ever-expanding manufacturing volumes, finding and testing ideas for product improvements, improving yields and driving down costs, improving product reliability and sustainability, and enhancing manufacturing.
- Design, test, implement and support product redesign/refresh and cost-reduction projects.
- Support traditional sustaining responsibilities such as failure analysis, component qualifications and performance improvements.
- Partner cross-functionally with Quality and Customer Support to fully understand the user experience and any design change implications.
- Drive continuous improvements in engineering processes and best practices.
- Travel to our China contract manufacturers and suppliers to support product builds and resolve technical problems, as needed.
- Minimum of 7 years of electrical engineering experience for a Master's degree, or 10 years of experience for a Bachelor's degree, preferably in product development of consumer electronics.
- Digital experience is preferred.
- Audio experience is a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand system-level issues.
- Experience with schematic entry and PCB layout tools.
- Experience with data collection and statistical analysis methods.
- Proficient in English, as demonstrated by both verbal and written methods.