Strategic Buyer - Chemicals - DE/CH
An exciting, growing company in the Building Materials industry based in the Schaffhausen area, Switzerland are currently looking for an outstanding Strategic Buyer to join their market leading team in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
The company is a long-standing leader in in the industry specialising in sports flooring, boasting a world-wide scope and an outstanding reputation to match. They have enjoyed significant growth in the past year, because of this they are currently searching for exceptional talent worldwide to fit into their industry-leading organisation. As a result of these conditions, now is certainly a fantastic time to join an established, prospering company within an exciting and stable environment in the Building Material industry. If you are an ambitious and motivated professional with an exceptional track record in chemical raw materials procurement, then do not hesitate to apply.
As a Strategic Buyer for Europe, you would be responsible for the company's largest production plant in the Schaffhausen Area. The successful applicant will have strong experience in sourcing PVC additives, PU, resins, pigments and is a fluent speaker in German and English
- Collaborate with all required disciplines (product management, engineering, operations, supply chain, technology and finance) to provide the most favourable pricing, quality, delivery, and relationship management (vendor) to meet company goals and objectives.
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers.
- Develop strategies, source suppliers and lead negotiations for raw materials, packaging, etc. including leading key vendor/supplier negotiations.
- Manage supply base and supplier relationships for the assigned region
- Act as liaison between requisitioners and vendors, receiving and vendors, and Quality Assurance and vendors. Work closely with vendors to ensure accurate and on-time delivery, managing the details of day-to-day business.
Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Minimum 3 years (prefer 5+) years professional experience in the industry, and 5+ years procurement experience purchasing chemical raw materials and indirect goods on international procurement markets.
▪ Established background in procurement and knowledge of Polymers and additives
▪ Successful supplier negotiations and contracts/long-term agreement execution experience.
▪ Must be a TAKE CHARGE person with a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
▪ Very good German and English knowledge (Min C1)
What this Job Offer you:
- Significant responsibility with industry-leading firm
- Quick progression opportunities
- World-class facilities
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 797