Strategic Buyer - Direct Materials
- Charlotte, NC
Our client, a national pharmaceutical organization focused is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Buyer to join their team in Charlotte. The ideal candidate for this position will be used to working with FDA regulated materials, and items that have expiration dates or are perishable. The ideal candidate is likely to come from food & beverage or pharmaceuticals for this position.
The Strategic Buyer - Direct Materials will also be part of a team that works heavily with the manufacturing group as well, and the ideal candidate will have experience creating solutions for product and material issues, as well as working with manufacturing departments on creative problem solving for shortening lead times.
The Strategic Buyer - Direct Materials will have the following responsibilities:
- Purchasing and planning for direct materials such as: flavoring, colors and dyes, dietary supplement materials
- Research alternate suppliers and negotiate pricing based on forecasting from end users
- Develop, maintain and actively manage relationships with key strategic suppliers to optimize total cost of ownership
- Assist with the development of investigations and root cause analyses on any supply disruptions or material quality related issues
- Use raw data to make sound business decisions and category management assumptions
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 2+ year's of sourcing/procurement experience with direct materials
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Prior ERP experience (SAP preferred)
- High communication skills