Strategic Procurement Manager - Technical Goods and Services
This is an exciting new Project in Procurement with a leading food company based in Hamburg, Germany.
They are looking for a strategic professional for all technical goods and services and someone to lead the indirect procurement team!
This is not only a greenfield position but a greenfield environment so coming into the company with new teams and other procurement professionals! You will have the change to drive the procurement function, create implement and manage your own strategies from scratch!
- Management of purchasing and materials management with the aim of realizing growth opportunities and expanding the company's competitiveness in the market and improving business results by reducing material costs.
- Management of strategic and operational purchasing for all primary and secondary materials, services, capital goods and other consumables required in the plant
- Transformation of the purchasing department, processes and activities towards purchasing 4.0.
- Negotiation of all types of contracts, but with a focus on technical products and product components, with local and global suppliers.
- Carrying out purchasing controlling: statistics, price analyzes, checking delivery times, checking qualitative characteristics
- Identification of savings potential and added value in all categories
- Identification and analysis of new national and international procurement markets as well as implementation of tenders, price and contract negotiations with sustainable increases in earnings to optimize purchasing conditions
- Continuous further development and documentation of processes and systems in the entire purchasing organization in the direction of purchasing 4.0. Participation in the implementation of global projects and independent identification and implementation of local solutions and change management
- Dedicated and close professional cooperation with the internal specialist departments
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of procurement experience
- Good negotiation, organisation skills
- Great interest in technical products and high technology
- A good leader and influence
- Fluent in English
- We are looking for someone with strong leadership capabilities who can manage stakeholders and implement new purchasing strategies, someone who demonstrates pro-activity and takes initiative.
You are action-oriented and results-driven and have a passion for focusing on continuous improvement and innovation.
What this Job Offer you:
- Significant responsibility with an industry-leading firm
- Quick progression opportunities
- World-class facilities
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion or contact me directly on: +44 236678358 or email CV