Strategic Senior Buyer
- Durham, NC
Our client, a leading biotechnology organization in the pre-commercial stage is seeking a Strategic Senior Buyer to manage the purchasing of goods and services across a number of categories, liaise with business stakeholders and suppliers, and support the Category Leads in execution of their sourcing strategy and project initiatives.
The Strategic Senior Buyer will also play a key part in the expansion and development of the team's procurement function. The individual will be responsible for leading the strategic initiatives across sourcing and contract negotiations and will lead procurement transformations.
The Strategic Senior Buyer will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Category Leads in configuration and execution of sourcing events (RFI/RFP)
- Research alternate suppliers and negotiate pricing based on forecasting from end users
- Develop, maintain and actively manage relationships with key strategic suppliers to optimize total cost of ownership
- Assist with the development of investigations and root cause analyses on any supply disruptions or material quality related issues
- Maintain SAP system purchasing data to ensure MRP requirements are generated in a proper manner and utilize SAP planning tools to evaluate scheduling and take proactive steps to ensure continuity of supply.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 5-10 year's of sourcing/procurement experience
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- Prior biotechnology/pharma industry experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred)