Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Location: Houston, TX
- Flexibility: Hybrid
One of the leading chemical intermediates and surfactants producers is currently looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their team in the Woodlands, TX. You will develop, implement, and maintain assigned sourcing strategies that support and advance the company's Strategic Sourcing objectives and policies. As well, you will support and lead a team with the Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager in coordinating IOD Contracts & Services and MRO Sourcing Team.
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders yielding effective partnerships.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives including development and execution of clearly defined sourcing events; document bid process through supplier communication; drive the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations; and ongoing supplier management.
- Effectively interact and communicate with manufacturing, project management and suppliers regarding commodity management activities.
- Support Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager by providing coaching and mentoring to C&S and MRO Team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering with equivalent work experience in a manufacturing or chemical environment.
- 5+ years of work experience in team management
- 10+ Years in Procurement in managing service and MRO categories, supporting plant operations, indirect categories, and/or corporate services (HR, Legal, IT, etc.)
- A high degree of proficiency in SAP 3.6 or higher.
- Strategic sourcing or supply chain management experience (contracts and vendor management, supplier evaluation, regulatory compliance, segmentation & taxonomy).