Strategic Sourcing Manager
Location: Remote, based in Oklahoma City, OK
Reports: Individual Contributor
Reports into: Director of Supply Chain
Our client, an aerospace manufacturer, is looking for a strategic sourcing Manager to join their team and have responsibility for strategic sourcing activities including project management, supplier relationship management, and raw material and direct procurement.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of aerospace experience, with a preference to those who have private aircraft sector experience. They will be very data driven and have demonstrated skills in data analysis. They will also have strong project management experience, including cost savings and strong contract negotiation skills.
- Strategy development for sourcing activities with detailed analysis of spend data, market trends, and category intelligence to optimize and improve cost, quality, and service.
- Ensure sourcing projects objectives, scopes, and deliverables meet stakeholder expectations, and that projects are delivered on time and on
- Thorough understanding of aerospace manufacturing practices an ability to understand product specifications and features.
- Implement programs to drive total cost of acquisition improvement activities to enhance margin and improve service levels.
- Foreign and domestics travel will be required- up to 40%
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 5 years minimum of strategic sourcing within aerospace industry
- Strong communication skills, ability to relay and present data and information in a formal business setting
- Strong work ethic - self starter mentality