Strategic Sourcing Manager - Chemicals / Raw Materials
- Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote with 40% Travel
Our client, a fast growing speciality chemicals organization, is searching for a Strategic Sourcing Manager for the Chemicals & Raw Materials Categories responsible for the formal development and execution of regional and global strategies while managing an annual spend of $80M+. The ideal candidate will come from the chemicals or petrochemicals industry as well. Prior experience within the chemicals or closely related industry is required.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Chemicals / Raw Materials (new position on the team) will manage and provide guidance to the ongoing and upcoming strategic sourcing projects, as well as identify opportunities to develop and execute sourcing action plans to drive TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) targets. The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Chemicals / Raw Materials will develop category strategies for key raw materials including major commodities such as petrochemicals or oleo and material segments on a global basis.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Chemicals / Raw Materials will be responsible for:
- Negotiating RFP's, MSA's, Service Agreements and other agreements for the Packaging and Raw Materials related categories as part of the global site procurement team
- Conducting regular reviews of supplier scorecards and operational metrics to drive continuous improvement of suppliers at the local, regional, and international levels
- Providing detailed, constructive developmental feedback throughout the projects as well as during the performance review process
- Optimizing cash by extending supplier payment terms and/or negotiating term discounts
- Analyzing and reporting regional and global chemical industry trends and technological developments
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Chemicals / Raw Materials has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant field
- 5+ years experience in sourcing Raw Materials / Chemicals categories (required)
- Chemicals/petrochemicals industry experience (preferred)
- Advanced contract negotiation skills
- ERP system experience (preferably SAP)