Strategic Sourcing Manager - Dental Products
- Location: Raleigh-Durham
Our client, a Fortune 500 medical device organization within the dental care space, is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate procurement individual to join their global sourcing organization!
The Category Manager - Dental Products is a senior position within the indirect procurement group that will work on a national scale to procure the clinical supplies needed for all US offices. The successful candidate will likely have a sales and/or sourcing background and have the ability to speak the dental product language and have outstanding knowledge of the latest devices and methods in the space. The ideal candidate also will need to come from the dental care sector.
Prior work experience with a dental organization or dental supplier is required.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Dental Products will be responsible for:
- Driving supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within the assigned commodities
- Developing and implementing approved strategies that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding clinical supply stakeholder needs, supply market trends and innovation
- Being accountable for managing an annual category spend of over $75M USD
- Conducting detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers
- Developing presentation materials, leads & facilitates key meetings with senior leaders and leverages strong communication skills to achieve desired outcomes
- Working with internal stakeholders to understand the demand/spend profile of assigned category and sub-category risks and business requirements for category plans and sourcing projects
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Dental Products has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Sales
- 5+ years of relevant experience within procurement
- 2+ years of experience within clinical supply sourcing in the dental sector
- Expert category strategy, strategic sourcing, supplier management, spend analysis, and contract negotiation skills
- Intermediate-advanced product knowledge within the dental sector