Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Company Profile: A manufacturing company part of a large global conglomerate, is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join their team in Lawrence, KS. This company specializes in industrial and high performance door systems and is looking for someone to support the sourcing for materials. Looking for passionate, results-driven individuals. Tons of opportunity for growth and development!
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is Responsible for:
- Identifying, selecting, qualifying, and forming strategic partnerships with suppliers based on internal and external customer needs
- Negotiating best price and terms and executing master purchase agreements
- Developing sourcing strategies to ensure supplier performance goals are achieved
- Working cross functionally with various departments including Engineering, Sales, Procurement, Finance, Manufacturing, etc.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist Should have the Following Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 year's experience in supply chain or project management role
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or related field
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- ERP/MRP based systems experience
- Computer skills- JD Edwards is a plus and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Manufacturing industry experience within the heavy industrial or building materials space is a plus