Supplier Quality Engineer Needed for Autonomous Manufacturing Startup
- San Francisco Bay area
- Competitive Compensation + relocation assistance
An Autonomous Startup is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to implement and drive supplier-specific manufacturing processes and quality plans to ensure supply partners meet internal standards. This individual will be the first Supplier Quality Engineer based in the US, managing suppliers on a domestic and global scale. Reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain.
This startup is bringing state-of-the-art autonomy to major global markets and they are seeking an innovative, goal oriented Supplier Quality Engineer to drive and develop the Supplier function.
- Identify and apply the technical sourcing strategy to ensure delivery times are met of the high quality electrical, mechanical systems/subsystems.
- Create manufacturing processes and quality plans specific to suppliers to ensure our partners have the capabilities in place for high quality production at volume.
- Establish and implement metrics to fabricate, test, and validate complex electromechanical and optical components
- Drive corrective action on quality problems by identifying root cause of failures and execute resolutions.
- Electrical, mechanical, or quality engineering experience in creating high-end, high-volume consumer electronic products, startup experience a plus
- In-depth knowledge of quality, reliability, supplier management, statistical process controls and auditing techniques (PPAP, APQP, etc.)
- Extensive experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and/or Quality Engineering
- Innovative, collaborative, self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Bachelors degree required, technical degree highly desired