Supply Chain Director - Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Director Level
- Location: Tampa, FL
Our client, a leading national biopharma firm that is looking to expand their supply chain team, is looking for a Supply Chain Director that will oversee the E2E supply chain process for multiple drug product lines, as well aa new product launches.
The Supply Chain Director - Pharmaceuticals Industry is a newly created position within the business and will report directly to the C suite leadership team and will be responsible for also growing the supply chain team. This candidate will be groomed to promote within the next 2-3 years for an executive position within the company. Given our client is a mid-sized organization, they are looking for someone with ideally a mix of experience in large and small sized companies, has a "self-starter" mentality, and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get things done!
Prior Life Sciences (pharma, biotech) experience is also required for this position.
The Supply Chain Director - Pharmaceuticals Industry will:
- Manage the organization's supply chain staff activities to ensure optimum inventory levels and inventory turns while also satisfying the demands of customers and complying with supplier minimum purchasing requirements
- Translate clinical protocol information into demand forecasts and supply strategies
- Identify new suppliers and source raw materials to fill portfolio gaps and meet customer demand
- Determine, develop and guide Supply Chain organizational initiatives to support continuous improvement of supply chain processes, infrastructure, and people
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for all investigational and marketed products
- Contribute to end to end supply chain risk assessments and implement mitigation actions
- Represent Technical Operations on business case development for geographical expansion, coordination of clinical trial expansion readiness,
The Supply Chain Director - Pharmaceuticals Industry has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 8+ years of experience with supply chain in a biotech / pharmaceutical environment (required)
- 5+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- ERP system experience