The Global Market Leader in flexible Packaging is searching for a Supply Chain Manager in the Cumbria area. As a global company, they employ almost 50'000 employees in over 40 companies and have been steadily growing for years. They are committed to their employees, always looking to advance careers internally, and to sustainability, with a pledge for all packaging to be compostable or reusable by 2025.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for...
Efficient & effective order fulfilment:
- Fulfil customer demands through the most efficient use of resources
- Contact with customers and suppliers ensuring customer satisfaction
- On Time In Full and In Specification Deliveries (DIFOTIS)
- Sourcing strategically to strike a balance between lowest material cost and transportation
Identify & deliver Procurement Savings
- Sales & Operational Planning:
- Material & Manufacturing resource planning
- Capacity setting to match budget, forecast and demand
- Customer forecast management
- Match demand with minimal inventory and optimize inventory management
- Distribution & transportation
- Warehousing supervision (internal and external)
- Transport cost & efficiency optimization
- CI and Lean Six Sigma activities and projects at Supply Chain area
- Simplification & effectiveness
- Maintain knowledge & use of the latest supply chain & logistic tools and processes
- Push & Pull environment knowledge, JIT (Just In Time) techniques to optimize manufacturing flow
Managing your team of 2 Direct Reports and 40 on a dotted line:
- Develop talent
- Succession planning
- Performance Management
The Supply Chain Manager should have the following qualifications...
- At least 5 years Experience in SC in a manufacturing setting; Packaging, FMCG and food are all relevant industries
- Strong negotiation skills, good analytical mindset and stress resilient
- Experience with people management
- Fluent English; Another language is beneficial
- Energised, kind and ambitious personality
If you are interested in the Supply Chain Manager role, then please don't wait to apply.