Supply Chain Operations Manager opening within a leading Life science/Pharmaceutical Company
- Supply Chain Operations Manager | Pharma
- Pennsylvania | Philadelphia
One of the nations leading Life Sciences organizations is looking to develop their Operations and Supply Chain Leadership team. You will be tasked with leading a team of Logistics, Purchasing, and Planning professionals to develop and implement strategies to support the rapid growth of the Organization.
Over the last few years this company has been going through a large operational change towards a more modern structure. The Supply Chain Operations Manager is responsible for delivering safe, efficient and effective improvements within the Supply Chain function. The role is directly accountable for driving success within distribution and warehouse management activities and process implementation, visual management, material availability, vendor relationships, and dock to stock management. This role has a large amount of growth potential and is part of the strategic decision-making team within the organization.
The ideal Supply Chain Operations Manager candidate will have the following skill set:
- 6+ years in a Leadership position within Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations & Continuous Improvement
- Bachelor's Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Experience Managing a Global Supply Chain and Distribution Network
- Pharmaceutical, Cold Chain or Dangerous Goods Supply Chain experience
- APICS or Supply Chain certifications a plus, but not required
- Supplier relationship management and customer facing experience
- Experience negotiating contracts with suppliers, such as 3PL providers
The Supply Chain Operations Manager will have the following responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Oversee all Supply Chain, Planning, Distribution, Scheduling and Inventory Activities
- Serve as the liaison between transportation, inventory, logistics and supply departments to ensure alignment
- Interface directly with 3rd party suppliers to ensure they are operating according to company standards, policies, and procedures
- Communicate with executives regarding business needs to secure resources needed to satisfy customer demands and ensure delivery and/or implementation.
- Develop and manage a functional S&OP process with the Manufacturing and Operations teams
- Direct all aspects of the organization's supply chain management and operations, including planning, procurement, vendor relations, logistics, and distribution.
- Strategically aligns best practices across multiple business units / US sites to deliver revenue and gross margin targets.
- Focus on improvements in value chain for better client turnaround times and overall increase in client satisfaction.
- Apply Lean methodology to balance capacity in testing and manufacturing across multiple sites.
- Technical proficiency within a global Supply Chain organization including Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing, Distribution, and Cold Supply Chain
- Experience transitioning teams to commercialize processes, supply chain and manufacturing
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required