Managing the safe, timely, efficient, and accurate transportation of our products to our clients, made able through planning and a continuous system of monitoring fleet performance, equipment condition and performance, and business volume, whole effectively managing a forever changing environment.
- Monitor fleet performance using different methods including onboard computer, reports, and other features.
- Create detailed reports of fleet performance, driver pay, and state of equipment.
- Review driver logs and paperwork to ensure accuracy and strict adherence to policy and DOT regulations. Appropriately address any issues identified.
- Observe equipment to ensure safe operations and keep breakdown to a minimum.
- Order necessary equipment.
- Hire, train, direct, coach and discipline transportation personnel to achieve the most effective use of human and physical assets
- Plan and schedule assignment of work for transportation personnel. Supervise the processing of weekly payroll.
- Review, and verify vendor invoices and then process A/P vouchers.
- Monitor trip records and fuel reports for mileage, fuel costs, and fuel economy.
- Keep positive attitude throughout entire fleet through coaching, employee relations, and department meetings.
Education & Experience
A high school diploma/GED plus supervisory experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications are required. A 4-year degree and/or 4 years transportation supervisory experience and a broad understanding of computer systems, routing, and DOT regulations.