Job type: Permanent
Location: Tampa, FL
A leading company in the Automotive industry is looking for a enthusiastic professional to join their transportation department. Reporting directly to the VP of supply chain, the Transportation and Operations director will be responsible for the entire distribution department of both inbound and outbound shipments. You will oversee all day-to-day operations and functions for transportation which will also include training, compliance, budgeting, reporting and administration. You will be expected to have strong teamwork and leadership skills, in addition to a "in the trenches" mindset.
Key responsibilities of the Transportation/Operations Director include:
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget and of the highest quality while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Hire, train, direct, and discipline transportation personnel to achieve the most effective use of human and physical assets.
- Communicate adequately with all team members and senior management.
- Establish an annual Transportation business plan to oversee the achievement of its business goals.
Key requirements of the VP Supply Chain include:
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in transportation AND minimum of 7 years of managerial experience in transportation/operations.
- Demonstrated experience managing other staff members.
- Bring a high level of energy, and contagious enthusiasm to the workplace.
- Able to travel within the South-East.
- 401k with matching contributions
- Health insurance
If you are interested in this position apply online today or, contact Meghan Kenneally at 813-203-7724