The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for working collaboratively with the transportation operations at a company who has been around for nearly a century. They have been a leading Distribution company in Connecticut. This position requires knowledge of DOT Rules and Regulations, effective communication and organizational skills, computer systems, and supervisory and training skills. They will be supervising professional CDL-A drivers to ensure a safe and efficient operation, a high level of customer service, and compliance with all regulatory requirements. This is a great opportunity to join the company's family.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or military background
- background experience in logistics, transportation, or dispatching
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Oversee and coordinate the daily operations of the transportation team
- Monitor and analyze transportation performance metrics to ensure efficiency and compliance
- Manage staff and resources to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of goods
- Develop and maintain relationships with carriers and vendors
- Communicate and collaborate with internal teams and external partners
- Generous PTO
- Health Insurance
If you believe that you have the skills and qualifications to take on this role, we would love to hear from you!