The VP, Logistics & Distribution, leads and oversees the distribution, logistics and warehouse functions to achieve organizational objectives, optimize performance metrics and meet customer needs. This position leads safety initiatives, creates, and executes functional strategies, plans and procedures, and drives continuous improvement in costs, inventories, and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute company logistics strategies to ensure all inbound/outbound logistics are optimized between suppliers, manufacturing, and customers.
- Oversee the purchasing, transporting, warehousing, and shipping of materials and products
- Successfully negotiate rates and contracts with external truck, rail, and warehouse partners.
- Develop supply chain capabilities, physical and systematic, that improve cost and service level to customers
- Manage logistics and transportation processes
- Manages continuous improvement in inbound and outbound supply chain efficiencies through traffic management objectives and goals.
- Manages Key Performance Indicators to include delivery cost, load utilization and outside storage cost.
- Using Supply Chain planning tools and inventory replenishment methodologies, manages daily outside warehouse inventory and warehouse transfers.
- Creates, implements, and periodically reviews strategic and tactical plans to achieve warehouse operational objectives.
- Works with the team to develop, implement, and enforce warehouse and logistics operation systems that create more efficiencies.
- Constantly evaluates and improves warehouse processes and procedures.
- Manages and monitors inventory levels to ensure accuracy and optimal utilization.
- Manages team and team member performance and development.
- Evaluates and plans facilities and warehouse equipment to support future growth.
- Effectively operates and utilizes ERP, WMS software, and MS Office applications.
- Reviews performance via financial reports and other means.
- Detects and analyzes trends in performance to identify problems and opportunities and takes appropriate actions to correct or sustain trends as necessary.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Supply Chain or closely related field
- 7-10 years relevant experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to scale fulfillment and distribution processes
- Proficient with MS Excel Spreadsheet, MS Word software and Logistics software.
- Able to successfully develop, manage and lead cross functional projects