Vice President of Purchasing
Charlotte, North Carolina
One of the nation's leading New Home Building companies is currently seeking an experienced procurement executive to join their team in a newly created Vice President of Purchasing position. This is an exciting opportunity to build a world class procurement and supply chain program and will be based out of Charlotte, NC.
- Develop, hone, and execute new procurement strategies across all channels of supply
- Establish and coordinate cost and pricing information for all home designs
- Act as liaison to expedite the flow of cost and pricing information to other divisions within the organization
- Create hard cost budgets and pricing for all new home designs
- Negotiating with subcontractors and hiring necessary staff
- Review and analyze monthly reports in relation to budget reserves, expenses, overages, and write-offs
- Oversee new home start processes including the review and monitoring of hard cost budgets, subcontractor and materials invoicing
- Manage purchasing function for 500-700 units
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related field is required.
- MBA is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of new construction plans, building codes, specifications, and products
- Previous experience as a Procurement or Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of supplier and supply chain network as well as sourcing and procurement techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills