Warehouse Manager (leading Food & Beverage company)
- Warehouse Manager (2nd Shift)
- Location: Thomasville, GA
- $80,000 yr.
An exciting opportunity managing distribution for a leading food and beverage in Southwest Georgia. Broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies.
- Transport incoming freight to inventory from staging areas for storage and maintain effective flow of production products
- Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines
- Locate and perform count check of incoming freight in the staging area and transport to freezer with forklift / pallet jack. Inspect items for damage, perform temperature and quality checks and take appropriate action as needed
- Perform general housekeeping duties in work area as needed. Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries and complete vehicle inspection checklist. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 6 - 12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience
- High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
- Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
- Pallet jack and/or forklift certified
- Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
- Able to lift and stack product between 10-35 pounds and up to 80 pounds occasionally throughout shift
- Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
- Pass pre-employment drug test