EHS Specialist - for a leading Chemical Manufacturing Company
- EHS Specialist
- Greenville, TX
A leading Chemical Manufacturing company is seeking an EHS Specialist who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have EHS experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The EHS Specialist - Will develop, implement, and oversee program changes; interpret policies and procedures as they apply to environmental health and safety practices.
The EHS Specialist - should have the following skill set:
- Must have relevant EHS work experience in current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) manufacturing setting.
- Minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with a major in Occupational Safety or closely related field, with seven (7) years of progressive responsibility implementing safety and health programs in a manufacturing environment;, or accredited master's degree in Occupational Safety or related field of study with five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Have excellent organization, learning and teaching skills required to work in teams.
- Strong focus on safety and a desire towards continuous improvement and risk mitigation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Proficiently communicate and understand (read and write) scientific / regulatory based 'work" in English.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills, strong documentation and technical writing skills, and able to apply relevant scientific principles and practices.
- Must be able to communicate both technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely across all levels of the organization from executive leadership suite to employees working on the shop floor.
- Able to partner, facilitate, and collaborate with employees and managers across a diverse organization.
- Must be able to work under general supervision with an orientation towards both tactical and strategic execution.
The EHS Specialist - will:
- Understand every aspect of the plant's operations (from receiving to material handling to manufacturing to packaging to shipping) and maintain all workflow processes for each product line
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of environmental, health, and safety specialization, can interact with internal and external customers.
- Develop hazardous and chemical waste programs following Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and other state and federal government agencies' regulations
- Ensure programs and practices are compliant with the appropriate statutes and regulations and environmental, health, and safety requirements are met.
- Investigate incidents and identify corrective and preventative measures, answer questions, or complaints received from within the organization, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify, evaluate, and control hazards.
- Performs audits and evaluations to determine company compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Performs effective training on proper occupational safety, chemical safety, hazardous waste management, and other related topics and documents.
- Continually identify and where appropriate, implement industry safety best practices.
- Ensure compliance to all data integrity and cGMP practices, procedures, and expectations.