An industry-leading Chemicals manufacturer is looking for a Buyer to join their team in the Albany area! The Buyer will primarily focus on the supply and procurement of raw materials to ensure maximum production levels at optimal costs in accordance with quality and quantity specifications. The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of MRP or SAP systems, inventory planning techniques and comfortable working in a fast paced work environment.
- Utilize MRP to purchase materials efficiently, considering cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate the process for rejected materials, verify credits, and initiate corrective actions.
- Review requisitions, evaluate competitive bids, and recommend/select reliable sources.
- Cultivate strong relationships with suppliers for cost reduction and timely delivery.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities through new supply sources or substitutions.
- Conduct supplier audits and adhere to ISO standards.
- Follow up on orders, expedite deliveries, and manage inventory levels
- Associate degree or higher education in Business or Supply Chain Management
- 2+ years of purchasing experience
- MRP or SAP experience
- Efficient in Microsoft Excel
- Chemical or Raw material buying is a plus