Position: Director of Hardware Engineering
Industry: Medical Device
Location: Washington State
A Medical Device client is looking for a Director of Hardware Engineering to join their team in their Washington State facility. My client is known for innovating and developing diagnostic equipment used by healthcare professionals to monitor and assess the electrical activity of the nervous system. Their products are often utilized in clinical settings for the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders.
The Director of Hardware Engineering will be responsible for overseeing a team of electrical engineers, hardware designers, firmware designers, and mechanical designers while maintaining technical responsibilities.
- Oversee the design of embedded digital systems, low-level analog circuits, high-voltage circuits, and DC-DC converters.
- Lead the design of new applications and the improvement and development of new features on sustaining applications.
- Facilitate the verification and calibration of all equipment and instruments by reviewing test procedures and service troubleshooting and repair.
- Ensure compliance with company hardware control policies and federal and international regulations by reviewing documentation of hardware modules and projects.
- Analyze results, identify potential issues and areas of design improvements, and act as lead consultant for root-cause analysis investigations.
- Lead the hardware process development work, including tracking project timeline and execution, producing estimates, communicating status, and conducting project reviews with management and the team.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years in electrical engineering design.
- 6+ years of digital and analog design experience, or experience in medical design engineering related to the production of electronic products
- People management experience while maintaining technical responsibilities.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry.