EH&S Specialist needed for a multi-billion-dollar Chemical Manufacturer
- Greater Atlanta Area
- $90,000 - $100,000 + Bonus + Additional Benefits
A $2B Chemical Manufacturer is seeking a safety driven EH&S Specialist to ensure all equipment and processes meet business and regulatory requirements. This individual will implement training efforts across the facility, ensuring all personnel are working in accordance with regulations. Along side the EH&S Manager, the EH&S Specialist will develop, manage and maintain EH&S programs to include improvement, prevention and compliance.
If you consider yourself a passionate EH&S Specialist with a strong technical aptitude for driving safety functions - this is the role for you!
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Corporate EHS&S policies, OSHA/EPA/GAPED, and other EHS and all regulations.
- Drives continuous improvement in EHS&S activities, programs, behaviors and culture to reduce risk.
- Facilitate and lead training events, EH&S activities, process improvements, visual controls and other ad hoc programs as appropriate.
- Audit outside contractor personnel working on-site are in compliance with all applicable regulatory policies/requirements.
- Gain knowledge and experience to function in all aspects of Environmental, Health & Safety, as well as Process Safety Management
- Evaluates Lockout Tagout and Electrical Safety process through audits and compliance evaluation
- Other EHS&S duties as assigned.
- Identify and/or conduct EHS&S-related training to improve site EHS & S performance
- Strong EHS understanding and experience (minimum 3 years) of working in manufacturing environment
- College degree strongly preferred but not required.
- Good Communicator, both written and oral
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office