Environmental Health & Safety Manager needed for Industry-leading Chemical manufacturing firm
· EHS Manager
· Greater San Francisco Bay Area
One of the nation's premiere chemical manufacturing firms is looking to add an experienced EHS professional to the team.
This Environmental Health & Safety Manager will contribute to on-site projects which will have a direct impact on the organization's growth. The candidate will will play a critical role in leveraging their strong safety background with hazardous chemicals / materials in ensuring compliance throughout facility.
The Environmental Health & Safety Manger will have the following responsibilities:
· Facilitate and promote world class safety-focused culture
· Devise solutions to fix and augment existing issues
· Develop, Implement and Uphold SOPs, best practices and processes to foster a EHS program
· Facilitate all HSE trainings within the facility to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations
· Apply best-practices from industry standards to ensure all company policies and procedures are in line
· Conduct accident reporting to track incidents and improve procedures
· Develop, implement and uphold EHS KPIs at the plant level to ensure manufacturing processes are in line with standards and have a preventative approach to hazards
· Ensure the proper distribution of hazardous chemicals and waste
· Participate in Safety audits as necessary to ensure best-practices are being upheld and operations are in line with company quality standards
· Verify that procedures and materials meet safety requirements
The ideal Environmental Health & Safety Manager candidate will have the following skill set:
· Bachelor's Degree related field
· 5+ years of EHS experience within a hazardous chemicals / waste facility
· Working-knowledge of OSHA, EPA and similar government/regulatory best practices & standards
· Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) preferred.
· Proven track record of participating in successful Safety Audits