Global Category Manager - CRO & Labs
- Location: Raleigh-Durham
Our client, a Fortune 500 biotechnology organization, is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate procurement individual to join their global sourcing organization!
The Global Category Manager - CRO & Labs is a senior position within the R&D procurement group that will be working with the European, APAC, and LATAM business partners to improve and streamline the category strategy for outsource research (CRO services) and clinical lab supplies & equipment.
Prior CRO services and lab equipment sourcing experience is required.
The Global Category Manager - CRO & Labs will be responsible for:
- Driving supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within the assigned commodities
- Developing and implementing approved strategies that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding R&D stakeholder needs, supply market trends and innovation
- Being accountable for managing an annual category spend of over $200M USD
- Conducting detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers
- Developing presentation materials, leads & facilitates key meetings with senior leaders and leverages strong communication skills to achieve desired outcomes
- Working with R&D stakeholders to understand the demand/spend profile of assigned category and sub-category risks and business requirements for category plans and sourcing projects
The Global Category Manager - CRO & Labs has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 6+ years of relevant experience within procurement
- 2+ years of experience within CRO and/or labs global sourcing
- Expert category strategy, strategic sourcing, supplier management, spend analysis, and contract negotiation skills
- Proficiency with SAP/Ariba