Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Location: Skowhegan, ME
Are you passionate about creating a safe and healthy workplace? Do you have a proven track record of leading change and implementing effective safety programs? We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Health & Safety Manager at our Skowhegan Mill.
Summary: As the Health & Safety Manager, you will play a pivotal role in developing, managing, and implementing effective Health and Safety programs at the Somerset Mill. Your leadership will be crucial in ensuring compliance with company and regulatory standards, championing continuous improvement in safety performance, and fostering a culture of safety throughout the organization.
- Sustain and enhance existing safety processes, implementing new elements for a safer workplace.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of fire protection and emergency response procedures.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization and external agencies.
- Identify and implement proactive initiatives to promote collaboration, employee involvement, and continuous improvement.
- Approve the safe design or selection of new equipment or facilities.
- Assist production and maintenance management in addressing employee safety concerns.
- Ensure the fulfillment of roles and responsibilities outlined in the security contract.
- Provide on-call and/or shift coverage as needed.
Minimum Education, Special Skills, and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety and Health with a minimum of 5 years of related field experience; equivalent combinations considered.
- Passion for safety and health, with a focus on employee involvement and continuous improvement.
- Proven change management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and basic computer skills.
- Solid foundation in best practices in safety management.
- Familiarity with OHSAS or ISO Management Systems.
- Data-driven decision-making.
- Ability to teach and lead others into action.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including listening and responding to criticism.
- Performance management - set expectations, measure/observe performance, and provide feedback.
- Formal training or acquired knowledge in Federal, State, Local Safety and Health & Security regulations.
- Basic understanding of working with organized labor.
If you are a safety enthusiast with the skills and passion to drive continuous improvement, we invite you to apply for the Health & Safety Manager position. Join us in maintaining a world-class standard in safety, quality, and productivity.