Job Title: Principal/Lead Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Greater Philadelphia, Buffalo, Houston, LA Areas
A global industrial gas company is looking to hire a Principal/Lead Electrical Engineer to their growing team. The Principal/ Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for overseeing the development of electro-mechanical-thermal systems for custom machinery.
The Principal/ Lead Electrical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Coordinate with utility and/or customer to discuss essential power for operating plants
- Observe external A&E firm performing design and engineering
- Oversee electrical single line diagrams and plant electrical distribution systems.
- Engage in start-up and commissioning for electrical distribution equipment and motors.
- Oversight of specifications and purchasing of key electrical equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, VFD's, UPS systems, DC systems, etc. Responsibilities include writing and/or reviewing purchase specifications, evaluating quotations, performing/reviewing technical bid evaluations, vendor document review, and factory acceptance testing.
- Performing and reviewing electrical system studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, and arc flash, and creating appropriate protective device settings.
The Ideal Candidate has:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in design of industrial electrical power systems.
- Experienced in the use of SKM Power Tools
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with the appropriate level of supervision and accept a high degree of personal responsibility for results.
- Background in Manufacturing