A global manufacturer of electronic components is seeking a qualified and motivated Power Electronics Engineer to lead the development of new technologies for aerospace and defense products. You will be responsible for leading research to optimize power electronics in their application, maximizing the magnetic and thermal performance. Additionally, you will advance the development of power electronics building blocks and packages to bring them to market.
This role is fully on-site in the Kansas City area and offers relocation assistance.
- Design and analyze magnetic components such as high-frequency inductors and transformers.
- Define system architecture and create engineering requirements for components and systems.
- Conduct FEM and circuits simulation and use the results to optimize performance and guide design decisions.
- Collaborate with mechanical and electrical engineers to successfully design, validate and manufacture magnetic components for the products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Advanced Degree preferred, not required
- Understanding of thermal management affecting the overall performance of the system.
- Experience in common mode chokes, current sensor design, planar PCB magnetics.
- Experience specifying embedded controllers for power electronics - i.e. choosing between FPGA, microcontroller, hardware accelerated gate drive, etc.
- Knowledge of aerospace and military standards.
- Experience developing performance validation, environmental testing, and reliability testing.