For over 75 years, we've been the driving force behind an extraordinary range of specialty disposable tabletop products. More than just a company, we're an innovation powerhouse that's been shaping industry norms and making waves across the Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce realms. Our products don't merely occupy shelves; they grace the settings of thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and beyond. Step into the role of a Product Design Engineer, and be a vital player in bringing our visionary ideas to life.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Staying abreast of the latest developments and technologies to generate innovative product concepts.
* Collaborating with the product development team to finalize and refine product ideas.
* Serving as a liaison between scientists, the commercial team, OEM suppliers, and plant engineers.
* Conducting thorough testing of product prototypes to identify and rectify design flaws.
* Evaluating product prototypes to pinpoint potential safety hazards.
* Consulting with functional experts to ascertain cost-effective manufacturing procedures and materials.
* Assisting in the planning and development of capital requests, involving coordination with commercial, engineering, finance, safety, procurement, reliability, and supplier selection and development.
* Adhering to and upholding all Food Safety, GMP, and HACCP Guidelines.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Exceptional communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and lead projects within specified deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail and a collaborative mindset, utilizing teamwork, creative thinking, and effective interpersonal communication.
* Experience in managing relationships with suppliers to drive innovation and create value.
* Proficiency in New Product Development/Stage Gate Process, Change Management, and Specification Ownership.
* Familiarity with Prototype processes and proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and 2D CAD software, including DraftSight and/or AutoCAD.
* Proficiency in 3D CAD software, particularly SolidWorks, is considered a valuable asset.