Our client, a leading manufacturing company located in Concord, CA is looking for a Senior Buyer with an extensive background in working with PCBA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for obtaining materials using engineering and production schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels to achieve production schedule and business goals.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the category and initiatives
- Create and implement cost-saving initiatives
- 5 - 8 years of related planning and procurement experience, or a Master's degree with 3 years of experience.
- Effectively communicates strategies, results, and metrics to leadership teams as required.
- ISO, ISM, and/or APICS certifications desirable.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with global suppliers
- Project management capabilities to support new product launches, conversions, etc. Great presentation and analytical skills.
- Expert and authority on purchasing.
- BA Degree/ 4 Year Degree, Advanced Degree desirable.
- A high level of responsibility, analysis, and independent decision-making is expected and must be reliably demonstrated.
- Demonstrated history of leadership, teamwork, and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment and maintain high energy
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems and MRP/demand planning
- Proficiency with applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or other office applications
- Experience in either, Medical Device or Aerospace/Automotive industry.
- Job Type: Full-time