A global industry leader in propulsion and drivetrain technology is seeking a highly experienced and dedicated Procurement Source to Pay Manager to join their team in their German headquarters or in several European locations. Operating in several sectors such as energy, industry and defence, the company is looking to begin their global transformation in procurement, where you will have the opportunity to develop and design various procurement processes. This is a fantastic opportunity to aid a company in navigating transformation and showcase expertise.
- Develop the overall architecture for the new source-to-pay system, emphasising the creation of a matrix organisation and globally aligned workflows.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and translate them into scalable and efficient S2P solutions within the new system framework.
- Implement best practices for procurement processes, supplier management, contract management, purchasing, and payment processes, ensuring alignment with industry standards, global consistency, and organisational objectives.
- Lead the evaluation, selection, and implementation of cutting-edge procurement tech solutions to enhance our digitisation roadmap.
- Conduct system configuration, customisation, and integration activities for seamless data flow and process integration across the S2P landscape within the new system, focusing on global alignment and cross-functional collaboration.
- Provide guidance and expertise in optimising procurement practices, identifying opportunities for cost savings, risk mitigation, and supplier performance improvement within the newly established S2P system, considering the needs of a global procurement organisation.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure system stability, security, and performance, addressing technical issues or enhancements required for the successful rollout and operation of the new S2P system.
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to source-to-pay processes, recommending relevant improvements or adjustments to the procurement strategy within the new system, while emphasising the establishment of a matrix organisation and global alignment.
- Train and mentor procurement professionals on S2P processes, tools, and methodologies within the context of the new system, highlighting the importance of cross-functional collaboration and global alignment.
- Monitor and analyse S2P performance metrics within the new system, generate reports to measure process effectiveness, identify bottlenecks, and drive continuous improvement initiatives supporting the establishment of a true matrix organisation and globally aligned workflows and processes.
Background / Experience / Skills:
- Hold a Master's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, or a related field; a Bachelor's degree or equivalent is the minimum requirement.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Procurement Operations Manager, Source-to-Pay Architect, or in a similar role, designing and implementing source-to-pay processes and systems, preferably with experience in establishing a matrix organisation and globally aligned workflows and processes.
- Possess a strong understanding of end-to-end source-to-pay processes, including strategic sourcing, procurement, vendor management, and payment processes.
- Exhibit extensive knowledge of source-to-pay technologies and tools, such as eSourcing, eProcurement, contract management, and supplier relationship management systems.
- Have experience with leading source-to-pay software platforms, such as SAP Ariba, IVALUA, Jaggaer, Coupa, or similar solutions, particularly within the context of implementing a new system and enabling a matrix organisation and global alignment.
- Showcase excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify process inefficiencies and develop innovative solutions for the successful establishment of the new S2P system, focusing on global alignment and cross-functional collaboration.
- Possess strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrate experience in working and managing projects, work flows, and processes in a global matrix organisation and driving its global improvements.
- Exhibit exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, emphasising the importance of a matrix organisation and global alignment.
- Display a proactive mindset with a passion for driving continuous improvement and staying updated with industry trends.
- Be fluent in German and English, both verbally and in writing.