DSJ Global is currently partnered with a growing company who specializes in the design and manufacturing of oil free air compressors and vacuum systems who are looking for a Design Engineering Manager to join there team.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to lead the engineering functions for the business. Additional responsibilities will include developing and executing a strategic vision for the industrial business unit, measuring and improving engineering accuracy and throughput, and driving change for long term improvement.
Design Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor, and manage the engineering team
- Lead team members in the following functions: product development, R&D, sustaining engineering, project engineering, and controls engineering
- Hire and train new talent
- Mentor and develop team members
- Set departmental goals in line with company objectives
- Support ongoing customer needs
- Provide resources and technical support for Manufacturing, Quality, and Sales & Marketing
- Monitor departmental and company finances, adjusting as necessary to meet company financial goals
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline is required
- Minimum 5 years engineering management experience
- Experience managing a medium sized team
- Experience directly mentoring less experienced team member
- Previous design and development experience in a product oriented environment
- The ability to recruit and hire top talent
- Familiarity with phase gate NPD processes and automotive style quality methods (DFMEA, PPAP, etc.)
- The ability to collaborate with other functions and accomplish goals with ambiguous requirements
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to new challenges and shift priorities as needed
- Meet deadlines
- Skills necessary to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Experience with root cause analysis
Please do not hesitate to apply!