A global 3PL company is looking for an Industrial Engineer to join their team in the Greater Cedar Falls area. The Engineer will identify and implement change within the operation through data driven CI, Engineering, and Automation efforts to deliver higher levels of performance in safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Effectively leverage data analytics, engineering methodologies, and core lean tools to enable root cause identification and elimination.
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis. Maps and documents processes. Independently identifies process gaps; recommends and implements process improvement. Develop a thorough, effective, and timely continuous improvement plan to drive value for our customers (transformation plan development and execution). Drive process improvement activities to achieve tangible improvement in the key business metrics of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and employee development.
- Manages and completes CI and steady-state engineering projects that lead to improved business results. Assesses CI initiatives and provides input and recommendations on future activities. Support Automation projects. Regularly interacts with operations management.
- Develop competency in wide range of engineering methods, Lean tools, and quality standards in the use and implementation of CI, Quality Assurance, & Lean principles. Applies engineering methodologies/tools such as product slotting, studying labor standards (time studies), layouts and optimization of flow, data profiling and analysis, and resource modeling to improve distribution and/or transportation operations.
- Bachelor's in industrial engineering required
- 0-5 years of warehouse/distribution engineering experience.
- AutoCAD experience for design and layout
- Lean experience
This is a great opportunity that offers exciting job possibilities throughout the organization. The hiring manager is looking to interview ASAP, don't hesitate to apply!