Quality Manager required for Leading Packaging Firm
- Greater Knoxville, TN Area
About the Role:
A leading packaging firm is looking for a Quality Manager to run the Quality program in one of their largest facilities for multi-state distribution. At a company where culture is at an all-time high, they are looking to bring in a Manager who fits perfectly in an environment that all employees treat each other like family. The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the company produces safe products that adhere to the highest and most consistent quality by overseeing various branded and private label production.
In addition to leading the Quality program, the Manager will aid in the assessment of operations and manage the implementation of corporate quality assurance polices and programs at the plant level. While reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Quality Manager will have direct reports including Quality Leads and Techs as well as Sanitation.
The Ideal Quality Manager will have:
- 2+ years Quality experience in a heavily regulated manufacturing environment required; food, beverage or packaging experience
- Experience working in a high-speed bottling environment a plus, but not required
- HACCP Certification
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years' experience
- Supervisory experience a plus
- SQF or BRC certification a strong plus
- PCQI experience
- Experience with USDA and FDA audit schemes
- Servant leadership style
- Proven mentorship experience
- Internal or external auditing experience
- Ability to manage cross-functionally and drive support for Food Safety & Quality initiatives with all leaders in the facility
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager:
- Monitor operations on production floor to ensure Quality standards are being upheld
- Quickly rectify any potential quality issues or customer complaints and conduct root-cause analysis to ensure issue is avoided in the future
- Coach and mentor employees on quality best-practices
- Develop, implement and uphold operational KPIs or scorecard to ensure Quality standards are being met and upheld
- Lead implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act at plant
- Implement and ensure conformance to corporate quality assurance programs to prevent beverage quality or safety issues at manufacturing facilities, which may include an offsite storage facility
- Monitor finished product quality results to ensure conformance to corporate and customer specifications
- Supervise the quality team (Leads, Techs, Sanitation)
- Develop skills of direct reports and plant employees
- Ensure that plant is audit- and inspection- ready at all times.
- Identify and lead Process Improvement initiatives.
- Develop and document a complete HACCP and QACCP plan for plant.
- Develop and maintain a specific QA/QC SOP manual for plant
- Implement appropriate controls, sample plans, hold/release system modifications, code rotation, batching and processing controls, and other production systems where problems might exist. Coordinate QA efforts with R&D and vice versa.
- Manage regulatory components within assigned region to include process filings, water quality testing, unannounced inspections, requirements associated with label compliance and net weight, etc