A global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics is looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in the Santa Barbara, California area.
As a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer you will:
- Work with project teams to identify issues and risks. During new product development integrate with Engineers, Design Engineers, Quality Engineers, and the Packaging Department/and or Production Department to ensure cost-effective new product development and introduction into manufacturing.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture, skill sets, and tools to enhance quality and operational excellence.
- Present process and equipment recommendations to Leadership Team with regular and timely reviews that will define team roles, responsibilities, and accountability to project implementation plans.
- Lead and/or assist with the implementation of packaging design/and or production specifications into manufacturing.
- May supervise other Engineering, Prototype, or Programming personnel.
Experience / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of manufacturing process improvement experience is required.
- Experienced in leading process improvement projects.
- SPC (Statistical Process Control) knowledge.
- Experienced user of MS Office Suite and CAD.
- Experience with planning and conducting tests to validate equipment and processes.
- Experience in completing technical documentation for engineering and manufacturing.
I'd love to set up some time to talk this week, what is your best availability?