This global leader in the chemical industry is expanding and developing their global procurement function in Germany; with over 5,000 employees globally, you will be joining an exciting, diverse company. My client are committed to a sustainable future and reaching carbon-neutral status, and this role will have a direct impact on the viability of these goals.
- Define, develop and implement category strategies for packaging materials
- Establish strong supplier relationships, negotiate contracts and monitor supplier performance with an assertive, ambitious personality; excellent stakeholder management is advantageous
- Drive procurement best practices, processes and transformational approached.
- Support and promote sustainable packaging solutions
- Guide and develop category buyers
- Several years strategic sourcing experience within packaging categories within any industry.
- Outstanding negotiation and communication skills, experience with indirect or direct management is beneficial but not essential
- Demonstrate ability to drive change, optimize processes and implement innovative procurement strategies
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, professional fluency in English; German is beneficial but not essential