Procurement Manager (Indirect)
Location: Dallas Metro
Company Profile: A leading global food manufacturer is looking to hire an Indirect Procurement Manager. This person will be responsible for leading category sourcing for CapEX, negotiate contracts, and manage vendor/supplier relationships. This person should possess a go getter proactive attitude and can understand the needs of the business and vendors. If you are looking for a fast-growing international company, then this is the position for you!
The Indirect Procurement Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Assesses supplier's products to ensure they that they comply with specifications.
- Negotiate the best terms, best price, and monitor any changes to make necessary updates.
- Understand changes to business capital forecasts, project objectives, and translate its impact to procurement activities
- Monitors the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied
- Responsible for ensuring purchases or services meet and/or exceeds contractual obligations, and any pertaining industry standards or customer requirements.
- Act as Procurement liaison with Engineering Project Manager, Engineering, and all stakeholder
- Recommend cost savings proposals including alternative sourcing solutions
The Indirect Procurement Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years' experience required in strategic sourcing/procurement with Capital Expenditures
- Manage large capital projects (great than $50M)
- Experience with ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365, SAP, JDE)
- Good interpersonal skills to influence team members
- Open to 10-20% travel