Assistant Plant Manager - Chemicals Industry
- Location: Greater New Orleans Area, LA
Our client, a premier chemicals organization, is searching for an Assistant Plant Manager that is responsible for all Manufacturing, Packaging, Inventory, EH&S, and Distribution operations as well as the manufacturing support functions: Engineering, Quality and Maintenance.
The Assistant Plant Manager will assist in the overseeing of manufacturing operations to include maintenance and physical condition of the facility, in addition to providing leadership, guidance, and creating a positive environment for direct reports to increase their effectiveness and building good rapport within the team.
The Assistant Plant Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing and directing the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets
- Operating the site at the highest levels of efficiency by managing equipment reliability and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and managing site spending and expenses to minimum levels required to meet site strategy
- Ensuring the proper planning, design and implementation of capital and expense projects consistent with site strategy
- Establishing group and individual accountabilities throughout all plant departments for safety leadership, problem solving and cost reduction
- Assuring attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers' expectations
- Developing employees by establishing, managing and maintaining a well-trained and motivated staff
The Assistant Plant Manager has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in a process manufacturing environment
- 2-4 years chemicals industry experience
- Extensive experience working/communicating with customers and suppliers