An industry-leading Consumer Goods and Chemicals Manufacturer is looking to add a Category Manager - Chemicals position to its growing procurement department. You will lead procurement activities in a cross-functional team with launch and delivery of new category management initiatives. Act as a SME for the chemicals category, maintain business intelligence, current knowledge of market trends, commodity data, and regulatory guidelines and employ best in class procurement methodology for the category.
This position reports into the Director of Procurement - Chemicals and will help with implementing long term strategic plans for chemicals in an FMCG environment. They are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial mindset individual to join the team.
- Plan/execute sourcing strategies across all business units using the 7-step sourcing methodology for sourcing projects
- Research market dynamics, cost drivers, historical spend, and supplier business models to enhance negotiations
- Develop innovative optimization scenarios to minimize TCO and conduct post-implementation variance analysis
- Understand the supply and demand characteristics while negating supply risk
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Ensure compliance around pricing, payment terms, volume commitments, rebates, etc.
- Support the Legal team in contract data, and addendums
- Keen awareness of industry performance benchmarks
- Manage key supplier performance goals and objectives as well as communicate periodic results to plan and manage top-level CI
- Develop, and deliver year-over -year cost savings through total cost management tools
- BA degree required in Business or Engineering
- 5+ years of sourcing for raw materials at an enterprise level
- Experience managing multiple sites
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership, initiative, and planning skills
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytic abilities
This role is onsite and does not require a chemicals background, those with experience sourcing raw materials and/or commodities could have enough experience to flourish in this position.