Category Manager needed for a Specialty Chemicals Company
· Manager Level
· Hybrid: New Jersey
· $125,000 - $140,000 + bonus
A growing, innovative specialty chemicals company with a broad portfolio is looking for a Category Manager to join their team!
This Category Manager will play a major role for the organization as a whole as they will be fully responsible for the Global Metal Driven Compounds, Pigments, and Dyes Category both in the US and globally. The main aspects of this role will include procurement for specialty ingredients, supply assurance including managing and avoiding shortages, negotiation with key stakeholders, and supplier relationship management.
The Category Manager will have the following responsibilities:
· Control applicable production supply and enhance the overall effectiveness of the supply chain.
· Develop a deep understanding of the supply markets and trends for the specific category in order to advise upper management and positively impact the business model as a whole.
· Collaborate key stakeholders to implement strategies that enable improvements in quality, service, innovation, and reduce annual costs.
· Form new supplier relationships to leverage the strengths between both organizations.
· Negotiate with suppliers while taking stakeholders' input and supplier interest into consideration.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in Procurement or Strategic Sourcing
· Experience sourcing for raw materials
· Heavy regulated industry background preferred