Category Manager - Chemicals - DE/CH
An exciting, growing company in the Consumer Goods / Cosmetics industry based close to Zurich, Switzerland are currently looking for an outstanding Category Manager to join their market leading team in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
The company develops, produces and markets its brands and own brands for retail in the fields of Personal Care & Beauty, Home Care and Nutrition. The company offers its customers innovative concepts and high-quality solutions throughout the supply chain. They have enjoyed significant growth in the past year, because of this they are currently searching for exceptional talent worldwide to fit into their industry-leading organisation. As a result of these conditions, now is certainly a fantastic time to join an established, prospering company within an exciting and stable environment in the Cosmetics industry. If you are an ambitious and motivated professional with an exceptional track record in chemical raw materials procurement, then do not hesitate to apply.
As a Category Manager for Europe, you would be responsible for the company's largest production plant in the Zurich Area. The successful applicant will have strong experience in sourcing Oleochemicals, chemicals used for Health care / Personal care products and is a fluent speaker in German and English
- Collaborate with all required disciplines (product management, engineering, operations, supply chain, technology and finance) to provide the most favourable pricing, quality, delivery, and relationship management (vendor) to meet company goals and objectives.
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers.
- Develop strategies, source suppliers and lead negotiations for raw materials, packaging, etc. including leading key vendor/supplier negotiations.
- Manage supply base and supplier relationships for the assigned region
- Act as liaison between requisitioners and vendors, receiving and vendors, and Quality Assurance and vendors. Work closely with vendors to ensure accurate and on-time de- livery, managing the details of day-to-day business.
Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Minimum 3 years (prefer 5+) years professional experience in the industry, and 5+ years procurement experience purchasing chemical raw materials and indirect goods on international procurement markets.
▪ Established background in procurement and knowledge of Polymers and additives
▪ Successful supplier negotiations and contracts/long-term agreement execution experience.
▪ Must be a TAKE CHARGE person with a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
▪ Very good German and English knowledge (Min C1)
What this Job Offer you:
- Significant responsibility with industry-leading firm
- Quick progression opportunities
- World-class facilities
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 797