Certification and Test Engineer Needed for Leading Battery and Energy Storage Company
One of the global leaders in stored energy solutions is looking for a Certification and Test Engineer to join their team at the Greater Allentown Facility. This Certification and Test Engineer would focus on Motive Power applications. This individual will possess core competencies to excel when conducting verification and validation test plans and ensuring test specifications are met.
If you are an analytical leader with extensive experience with ESS - then this is the position for you!
The Certification and Test Engineer would be responsible for:
- Identifying all applicable regulatory and certification standards required for new products based on the target market and application. As well as generating test and certification compliance matrices
- Leading a team of engineers and technicians in product certification and compliance testing to global standards such as IEC for compliance to UL.
- Create certification and test documentation in the definition and implementation of thorough test specifications, verification and validation test plans, and internal processes connected to test engineering for prototypes for energy storage systems
- Produce quality test architectural documentation, flowcharts, state diagrams, schematics, and reports for test projects
- Work closely with test manager to provide weekly progress updates and report status, risk, issues, and recommended mitigations.
- Traveling to several test and manufacturing facilities across the US and Europe
The Certification and Test Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in test engineering of lithium or electro chemical systems, electrical or electronics testing, troubleshooting of systems. Lithium based systems preferred
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for energy storage systems
- Hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate electronic test equipment
- Experience with automated test equipment and test software scripts from various test bench manufacturer.
- Comfortable working with 'mains' electrical supply of voltages above 100V
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Strong background in lithium-based energy storage