The Commodity Sourcing Lead is responsible for strategic global sourcing, managing supplier relationships, supply chain security, supplier measurement, supplier contracts, and supplier pricing for the supply base within the commodities assigned. Commodity Sourcing Leads will be managing multiple commodities.
- Maintains expert knowledge of assigned commodities including industry trends, economic factors, supply chain security issues and key suppliers within each commodity.
- Develops and implements commodity and supplier strategies and leads implementation of strategies through supplier qualification and disqualification.
- Manages supplier relationships within each commodity through intimate knowledge of the suppliers' management team, facilities, capabilities, business health, and performance record.
- Interfaces between new product development teams and the supplier base to lead the supplier selection process and ensure support and success of new product development projects.
- Collaborates with Quality organization on supplier quality programs and quality monitoring including problem solving at supplier sites.
- Manages component pricing from suppliers within assigned commodities.
- Leads cost reduction/cost containment projects through implementation.
- Develops, implements, and maintains security of supply plans within assigned commodities.
- Assess and provide performance feedback to suppliers.
- Manages supplier contracts within assigned commodities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, business, engineering or related field and 3-5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate internally to understand product needs and plans for future product development projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- ERP experience, preferably with Oracle
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with internal customers, external suppliers and fellow teammates at all levels
- Must possess solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment