Director of Continuous Improvement
Location | Kansas City, MO
Travel | 50-60%
Compensation | $130,000 - $145,000 + Bonus
The Director, Continuous Improvement will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in generating the CI strategy deployment run by Lean Six Sigma, business process and technology/automation.
* In accordance with the business unit management team, leverage appropriate CI methodology to pinpoint processes, projects and resources
* Lead the initiative to integrate CI in the BU and emphasize CI as a necessary force in leadership development and strategic implementation.
* Work cross-functionally with stakeholders and leaders to find areas of improvement, standardize processes for sustained productivity gains.
* Working closely with process owners, Operations leaders, project champions, and Sr. Leadership Team to provide leadership and direction on the implementation of CI strategies and ensure improvement gains are sustained on a long-term basis
* Serve as a subject matter expert to facilitate problem solving, MBB and BB support and provide statistical and analytical expertise and training as required
* Assist with the selection of new BB and MBBs as needed
* Play a major role in MBB and BB certification; provide over reaching framework for lower level certifications
* Oversee deployment and maturity of the Lean Production System in Surface Chemistry's Operations environment. Ensure that the process is adding value by connecting work process metrics to lagging indicators and PL and service level improvements and that CI mindset becomes visible.
* Support the communications effort around CI by writing articles periodically. Speaking and/or attending conferences (internal or external)
* Domestic and international travel
Qualifications for the Director of Continuous Improvement:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Discipline (ChE, ME, Industrial, Environmental or equivalent)
* 15+ years advanced CI leadership experience; including multisite, multifunctional discipline and cross regional experience
* Certified Master Black Belt and Policy Deployment Leader
* Specialized education/training in Strategy Deployment
* Strategic mindset with tool-set to execute tactical deployment
- Proficient in IT systems including MS Office and latest available CI and MES systems and how to leverage