Job Title: Director of Operations
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Summary: An industry leading manufacturing company is looking for a Director of Operations to join their team in Lincoln. This position formulates, forecasts, and directs manufacturing policies, plans and activities which guide the operation to desired results.
- Drives IWT production planning, manufacturing engineering, materials, production, and quality activities toward the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Directs preparation of control reports including: EHS, labor & material actuals, shop loading, environmental, and facility maintenance.
- Manages the site's ISO certification and renewal process.
- Applies relevant custom engineered product and heavy steel welding and fabrication manufacturing industry processes knowledge. Ideally with ASME code knowledge
- Interfaces with the bargaining unit, union steward, and union business leader. Involved in contract negotiations & labor relations.
- Meets with customers in sales and execution phases of projects as required to improve order win rate, customer relations and support around any unique requirements such as additional quality holds.
- Joint ownership of revenue and profitability targets with sales, design engineering, and project management counterparts.
- Insures prompt and economical purchase and receipt of needed materials to deliver finished products to customers.
- Determines plant policies consistent with company values and directs the application of those policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related
- 10+ years of plant management in the manufacturing industry
- Lean Manufacturing experience strongly preferred; Black Belt Certification
- Background in heavy steel fabrication and welding desired
- ERP/MRP experience, P&L responsibility, and experience working in a union environment preferred