Direct and manage of all areas of manufacturing to produce food products and direct activities to ensure products are manufactured on schedule, within quality standards and cost objectives. Actively involved in operational strategic planning with the executive leadership team to ensure meeting and exceeding goals for the growing business. Must be capable of multiple-plant management within a food manufacturing environment with the ability to oversee labour standards.
- Manage and run multiple Plant operations to ensure quality, manufacturing and labour standards are met
- Delivers innovative continuous improvement solutions to improve product quality, reduce manufacturing costs, produce product more efficiently, and improve the working conditions of the Team Members.
- Demonstrates excellent motivational leadership skills and fosters a collaborative team environment that inspires all Team Members.
- Entrepreneurship mindset with the ability to contribute new ideas and innovation
- Structure and Process and increase in production as well as quality
- Develops annual operational budgets, goals, and strategic plan
- Directly supervises Plant Managers and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Contributes to the team effort by utilising excellent people skills and possessing personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to company mission.
- Conducts production/department meetings.
- Interacts with customers and vendors in a friendly manner; ensure customer's and vendor's questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Establishes procedures which maximise the efficiency of the operations department and allow the department to function at the highest level of productivity.
- Solve operational problems and deal with many variables in situations when minimal standardisation exists.
- Analyse work-related situations and make decisions in an effective manner.
- Flexible and able to multitask, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business Operations, Food Science, or similar field required
- Food and Beverage Management Experience within multiple fields, Preferably Plant Management Roles required
- An Understanding of basic Engineering Principles
- Entrepreneurship mindset with the ability to contribute new ideas
- 8+ years of relevant Senior Operations experience in the food manufacturing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing, FDA regulations